Senin, 15 Juni 2015

A Gift from God


Have you ever struggle in your life? I’m pretty sure if everyone in the world ever struggle to face their life and to resolve their problem. Here I want to tell my story about the meaning of struggling something. In 2013 my Senior High School moment was over and the students were going to continue our studying in our selection university. Since that, the struggle started. We have to registered the university in different strip depend on our school score, our registration exam and our fortune. The first university registration strip is called SNMPTN, it is used our school score to get the university. Every student must join this strip because our school has 80% opportunity to involved the student in SNMPTN strip. In SNMPTN registration I took the courses from UNY and UNS, I hoped that I could get the university in the first strip to made my parents and my friends proud of me. In the day on SNMPTN announcement it was announced online, I really impatient to opened the announcement because one of my friends had opened it and she passed the SNMPTN selection. After I opened it in my house I really didn’t believe with my result, I didn’t pass the SNMPTN selection and I felt so down. Not just me but also many of my friends not passed the SNMPTN, it just passed less than 25 of my school students. This situation didn’t make me give up because it was the beginning and I believed that I still had another chance. I prepared to the next university registration which is called SBMPTN, of course after the SNMPTN I had a long holiday until I got the university that I want. I spent my holiday by joined in many courses to studying the university registration examination. None of day that I used to enjoy my holiday, it was like the school wasn’t over. For SBMPTN examination was held out of my city, it took place in Purwokerto as the local committee. SBMPTN examination took 2 days and this situation made me to stayed for 2 night in my aunt’s house. My family was accompanying me to the examination place and picked me up from the examination place. I very compassionate with my family support. During the SBMPTN examination I thought that I did the examination easily, in this university examination I still took UNS and UNY as my selection university. The course was over too, now I thought I could enjoy my holiday too until the SBMPTN announcement. The examination announcement day is came, I immediately opened the announcement with high spirit, it is really impossible!! How could I fail twice in university registration examination? Oh God, that was not fair, absolutely unfair. Then I started to cry along the day. I really getting frustrated with the result and asked question in myself “What’s wrong with me? I did the examination easily but it was my unexpected result. Did I too confident? Was that completely wrong?” That was my worst position in my life, I thought that I useless and made my family and friend disappointed. I didn’t feel hungry, happy and I couldn’t talk to everyone in that time. Hopeless always haunted in my mind, I couldn’t sleep well and hurt myself.
But I was wrong about my family and my friend, they didn’t feel disappoint and they wanted to cheer me up until I got the high spirit to join in another university registration examination. I realized in the outside were many people wanted to make me keep struggle in university registration examination. I had decided to join the third university registration that is called UMBPTN. This time I had to studied by myself because I didn’t join with another courses again, I just spent my parents money to joined the course I had to be more autonomous and didn’t depend with another people. I studied all the time and didn’t forget to pray to the God. UMBPTN examination came it took place in Faculty of Humanities UNSOED, that was my first time to came in campus. That was in fasting month and the examination just held in one day from in the morning up to the afternoon. My family waited for me in front of the Faculty of Humanities Building. This time I didn’t want to let me down, I was serious during the examination and sure if I could do the best for my life. The examination finished and the announcement will announce 2 weeks later. After 2 weeks left, the announcement said that it will announced in 18:00 p.m. it was delay as long as 6 hours. But I didn’t take too much hoping, I’m afraid if the result said same with the last announcement that I saw. After 18:00 p.m. many of my friends texted me that they told me if they are accepted in UMBPTN examination and they said to me to opened the announcement immediately. But I just relaxed and finished my housework, after I took a rest I opened the announcement slowly, God!! I accepted in UNSOED, I can’t believe that. I got English Diploma Program in Faculty of Humanities UNSOED that was the campus that I took an UMBPTN examination. I really couldn’t believe it, there was no meaningless struggle that I did. And I believe in the world absolutely there is not a meaningless struggle before we try. At least we try our best that we can and believe our power, so God will help you through your worst position. Always remember that God always listen what their prayer hoped and God will give a precious present for us. God give what we need, not what we want. After we received the precious present from God we have to appreciate it and keep struggle again to protect the gift or the present from the God well. Because you will never appreciate the thing before you know how hard the struggle was. And now I want to keep the precious gift from God that is to study hard here and struggle to get a high score to make my parents and my friends proud of me. That was my incredible story in my life, it is absolutely change my mindset and my behavior that is to always have a positive thinking, not to depend ourselves with another people, and don’t let the pessimistic behavior entering our mind because it will destroy everything that we have.

2 komentar:

  1. keep praying to your God, dear.. future is a mysery and you should fight every thing to make it come true

    BalasHapus
  2. What a good story! Don't give up to catch your dream Sintya!! Nice writing :)

    BalasHapus